The Rucksack Project Barnsley is a voluntary movement that revolves around a simple, but compassionate task to help those that are sleeping rough, or in desperate need, through the cold winter months.
We are hoping to collect items and put them in a rucksack to help make winter a little more comfortable for someone who is sleeping rough this winter, these include:
– A sleeping bag
– A fleece or warm coat
– Some thick socks and clean (unused) underwear
– Gloves and a woolly hat
– Some non-perishable food, such as cans of soup (with ring pulls) and cereal bars
– A thermos flask and a spoon
(Please leave the thermos flask empty as they will fill them up with hot soup on the day as people come to collect the rucksacks).
- You may have things around your home that you no longer need or use.
- Please ask your friends, family and neighbours if they have a few things too.
- You might also be able to find some bargains in charity shops, and pound stores
We are asking form groups/classes to donate as many items as possible, so we can group the items into rucksacks for the homeless or if this is not possible, donate single items to the charity. The Deadline for this is Monday 17th December.